2013年7月10日 星期三

Testimony - Angela Yang

For the past two weeks, I came down with a 101 degree fever, had a chronic migraine, had body chills and aches, was nauseous, and threw up whatever I ate. I would wake up at 2:30 am with a pain I had never felt before. I couldn't think, I couldn't get up out of bed. I would sleep for an hour or two and wake up with pain consistently. I called my parents and cried. I listened to worship music and cried. I didn't know if this would ever end. People kept telling me to pray, but all I could pray was "God, why?" I thought I was being punished! It was something I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy. I went to 5 doctors, even urgent care, where I spent $1400 alone for the office visit. No one knew what was going on. Aunt May took me to a traditional Chinese doctor and he said it was shingles, but there was no rash, so it was still inconclusive. We went to a doctor in Sugar Land, and took a blood test. The results were clear, so it was again inconclusive. Aunt May called the doctor and fought for me to get shingles medication even though I didn't have a rash and she got it! Aunt May and her daughter have been God's angels for me for the past two weeks. ***insert Aunt May's testimony*** After the pain was gone, I suddenly realized what God was trying to teach me. I needed a reminder. It was a lesson I would have never learned if I had not gone through what I had been through. I realize that, as many times as people say this and it becomes cliche, health and joy are precious and priceless. I would have given all my belongings to feel healthy again. In the past, I constantly worried about earning more money, I worried about every little thing in my life. Now I understand and embody the fact that money is nothing if you don't have health, joy, and love. In my life, now my goals are to be happy and healthy, and joy that comes from God and loving and serving others. That is what life is about and nothing more. I want to live fully, I want to laugh heartily, and I want to love passionately. This weekend, for the first time in a long time, I ate a slice of mango chocolate mousse cake for breakfast (God is a genius for creating this!), turned up the music, and danced to my favorite song in the kitchen. Oh how I took so many things for granted. I love my life, and I love God.

沒有留言:

月行事曆